We are currently seeking a MANUFACTURING DESIGN ENGINEER or TECHNOLOGIST to join our team at our MX-Manufacturing Centre in Edmonton, AB.
Recent graduates and experienced professionals are all encouraged to apply as this role can provide the opportunity to grow and utilize a vast scope of knowledge and experience at any career stage.
Are you looking for a change? Tired of working in an environment that doesn't stimulate you? Then maybe it's time you worked for Packers Plus Energy Services!
We have a world-class manufacturing facility with offices and production floor which are bright, open, and inviting. If you're self-motivated, innovative, and if operational excellence and safety are top priorities...then this is the place for you.
We work hard and play hard - and together we contribute to greater success.
Primary Role Focus
Design and develop tools/equipment and processes (as required) that provide increased efficiency for the manufacturing and production of down-hole completion product. This role reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Complete small to medium design projects with moderate level of supervision
- Complete all tasks (models, drawings, calculations, testing, technical documentation) required to drive projects from concept to production
- Provide recommendations on design and processes (based on sound engineering principles) to continually improve efficiencies in product design, production, and product assembly
- Provide engineering guidance and recommendations to various departments on manufacturing, quality, assembly, testing, and operational standards of new and existing tool designs
- Revise and maintain drawings and models as necessary for design improvements, cost reduction, and manufacturability, while maintaining quality and design intent and ensuring they continue to meet Packers Plus standards
- Review technical documents for accuracy and completeness
- Support engineering and manufacturing as required to aid in product development, production, and product assembly
- Ensure compliance with Packers Plus Safety, Health, & Environment program
Experience and Skills
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD and document management systems (i.e. Solidworks and EPDM or similar systems) is required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- High mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Possess technical knowledge in Engineering, Design, Manufacturing and/or Mathematical principles
- Experience with down-hole tools, machining and/or manufacturing is an asset
- Familiarity with basic oilfield operations is an asset
- Familiarity with 5S, Six Sigma, or Lean Manufacturing is an asset
- Green Belt Certification or higher is an asset
- Ability to research & understand highly technical topics
Education and Training
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical, Petroleum or other related field) or equivalent experience required
- Local professional membership in APEGA/ASET is an asset
- Green Belt Certification is an asset
Physical, Business and Safety Requirements
- Position is “safety sensitive” and subject to pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Subject to post-incident and reasonable cause drug & alcohol testing
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk and use of computer, keyboard, and mouse
- Possible lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Interpersonal savvy
If you possess the above skill set, we encourage you to apply. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, creative problem solver who will be exposed to great learning opportunities within a fast-paced engaging work environment. Build your future with Packers Plus ... helping us continue to develop state- of-the-art completion systems.
Please apply online - no phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those qualified will be contacted.