We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Planning Specialist for our Manufacturing MX Centre in Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful candidate will enjoy refining large data into manageable sizes and using that data to create and present custom reports; visiting and working with machine shops to maintain a consistent work load; and learning about and working with a large variety of high-tech down-hole completions tools.
As well, if you are motivated by working alongside people who challenge and support one another on the road to success, then Packers Plus is the place for you.
While supporting our values of Operational Excellence, Innovation, and Customer Intimacy, your primary focus will be to run the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) module in MS Navision (ERP) using forecast and demand to generate manufacturing requirements and assign supply to vendors. This role reports to the Global Supply Chain Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Run and analyze MRP results and confirm exact items, dates and quantities to replenish inventory to meet production and customer requirements
- Plan order fulfillment based on vendor capacity and work with Purchasing to complete required orders
- Work with Purchasing to monitor and expedite orders as required
- Streamline and enhance system processes on an ongoing basis
- Communicate new and updated information to stakeholders
- Create and present customized reports as required
- Ensure cost-effective distribution of orders among vendors while supporting our core machine shops
- Maintain and update ERP system item data as required
- Ensure compliance with Packers Plus Health and Safety Program
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in an oilfield manufacturing environment (down-hole tools preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in Planning, Purchasing and/or Supply Chain
- 2+ years’ experience running MRP within a large ERP system (proficient with ERP systems such as Navision, JDE, SAP, Oracle)
- Data orientated with the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Strong understanding of local area machine shop capabilities
- Ability to refine large data sets and present easily understood summary
- Knowledge of manufacturing drawings and machining practices is an asset
- Experience with forecasting and forecast maintenance
- Experience with report writing (SQL)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Applied mathematics
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Supply Chain, Engineering or Programming is an asset
Physical, Business and Safety Requirements
- This role is not Safety Sensitive, but is subject to post-incident and reasonable cause drug & alcohol testing
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk with use of computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Achievement Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Technical Learning
- Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
Packers Plus is a great place to work! You’ll find a relaxed, family atmosphere, with motivated people who work hard and play hard in a stimulating workplace environment. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards compensation package that includes competitive wages, excellent health & dental benefits, annual bonus programs, RRSP matching, and an onsite state-of-the art gym, including instructor-led classes.
Build your future with Packers Plus … driving cutting edge technology and industry-leading innovation in a relaxed, family-friendly work atmosphere.
Deadline for Applications is: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 5 pm.
PACKERS PLUS THANKS YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, HOWEVER ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.